Wednesday 5 December 2012

We Love Books!

We love making new book discoveries - finding those hidden gems which combine booky beauty with fascinating content. Of course we love making the bestsellers easy for you to find. However, as fellow booklovers, it's the art of picking and displaying those titles which feel like they've been written just for you, that we really enjoy!

Over the next couple of weeks we're going to be bringing you some of our favourite finds for Christmas - book treasure! It's also a chance for you to get to know our team and what our speciality subjects are.

Today we start with Jo, the Store Manager...

I'm living proof that no matter how many years you work with books, there are always new discoveries to be made!
I love working at Waterstones Cirencester - we really do have the best customers in the world. We receive as many recommendations as we make - it's a very booky community. It's exciting to see the next generation of book lovers browsing the shelves in search of a new adventure. 
That's why I love books - it's the opportunity to escape into your imagination, to increase your knowledge and to explore new universes, whether real or imagined. 
Never underestimate the power of pages!

I've had an opportunity to dip into most sections over the years, so here's my rather eclectic selection of books for the festive season!


Fairy Tales are a big theme this Christmas and as a life-long lover of them I can't help but approve! Here are some of my favourites from the magical realm:






I love the artistry of maps, (although it has to be said that I don't have much luck with their application in real life!) ...



Lovely choices for the person who has everything...




And don't forget brilliant books from authors we are lucky to call local!


And a couple we're hoping to persuade to be local for a day next year ;) ...



And finally... proof that books can definitely  be glamorous!


Happy Christmas and do come and see us at the store!
Jo





3 comments:

  1. Lovely selections! I especially want to read 'The Snow Child' =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must! Perfect time of year for it too. Did you know that Eowyn Ivey is a bookseller in Alaska? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now on the waiting list for it at the library. I'm 12th =/

      Delete